Sunday, November 25, 2012

Proprietor's Reserve: Trinchero

The usual anticipation 
It was the D-Day of exams for me but when I saw BOGO (Buy one get one) for a 7-course meal at Proprietors, I knew that was what I wanted for dinner. Last minute procrastination before the exam, I answered: White Zinfandel to the question: In 1972, Bob Trinchero is credited as being the first winemaker to create this varietal of wine, and I won! Wooohooo! Score! I still have an exam. 

Lovely cosy setting
Recovering from a cold, I still insisted on coming. Bad idea. 

The highlight of the night was that some friends were there as well and we sat together! Yeay!  

Rest of the night = sadness, cold and no ratings. 

Bonus: 2011 Mary's Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
We got this before anything as a bonus. But well I could not taste anything. 

Just tasted cough syruppy. 

Stupid cold. 

Well, I was hungry and wanted to eat all these food in front of me. 

Chicken Normandie
2007 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc
Chicken Normandy | Brandied Cherries | Green Apple |Pecan | Basmati Rice Cup
Fig, prosciutto, goat cheese on Crostini
2009 Vista Montone Vineyard "Daybreak Block" Merlot
Fresh Fig | Aged Prosciutto | Garlic Herb Goat Cheese | Asiago Crostini | Balsamic Demi Glace
Portobello pancetta Risotto cake with Basil oregano pesto 
2008 Chicken Ranch Vineyard Rutherford Cabernet
Risotto Fritter | Pancetta | Romano | Fresh Oregano-Basil Pesto

2008 Mario's Vineyard St. Helena Cabernet
Arugula | Herbed Baby Greens | Grilled Skirt Steak | Dried Blueberry | Gorgonzola Crumble | Basil Vinaigrette

2009 Napa Valley Meritage (Cab/Mer/PV)
Linguini Duo | Artichoke & Mushroom Ragu | 50/50 Spicy Sausage & Sirloin Jumbo Meatball | Shaved Parmesan
Steak
2009 Central Park West Vineyard Petite Verdot
Lavender Pepper & Espresso Rubbed Tri-Tip | Cream Cheese & Chive Mashed Red Skins




Food was not necessarily yummy but it was satisfying! All the wines tast cough syruppy. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Drunks

Double Magnums up for grabs!
FYI, I passed the exam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment