Monday, December 3, 2012

Txakolina

http://viveroslucea.com/ENG/hondarribi-zuri.php
Hondarribi Zuri Grape
Txakolina Jatorrizko Izena 2009 Xarmont

I was dining at a modern mexican restaurant when I had this and it looks like an image is rare online!  Txakoli (pronouced Chak-Co-Lee) is a wine that hails from the Spanish parts of Basque country, Cantabria and northern Burgos, made mainly from Hondarribi Zuri, a unique grape variety for the Quest list! This had nose of lime with a touch of tropical pineapple. It was sparkling and low in alcohol (10.1%?). Citrusy and easy to dink with well balanced acidity that made it easy to go with food. I had braised lamb tacos, house cured yellowtail tacos and ceviche which was delicious! I can't say the wine went very well with the lamb but at least the bubbles did not overwhelm the food. OOOo


Definitely something I would revisit :)


No comments:

Post a Comment