Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quest for 100

My first wine goal is to taste 100 varietals and be part of the Wine Century Club. Easy?

Sure, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz/Syrah, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay. Erm, there are more? Well, kind of. 

Well, time to hunt them down! First, I went to the local wine shop and went a little crazy... But, I did manage to add a couple more to my list! (Woo!)

I had this two nights ago.

Domaine de Saint-Lannes Côtes de Gascogne 2010

 

My first Colombard, Smells a little of the ocean, oysters with the sea saltiness along with the sweetness of pear and green apples. It is medium bodied with the richness but not overwhelming. The crispness is refreshing but it is smooth with fruit of green apples, apricots, pineapple (wonderful!). Great value wine for $7!

 I had it with kale lightly stir fried with onions tomatoes mushrooms a little garlic and onion, salt pepper, green with it and it was wonderful! The dense flavor of kale and sweet onions went really well with the wine, not overpowering it. Brings out the flavor of both, which is what I look for. But then I was also craving mac and cheese. Which I made with extra cheddar, broccoli and mushrooms with a touch of pepper. The creaminess and cheese just took away the nice fruity aromas that the wine had. Sad face. OOOo


No comments:

Post a Comment